About Kindermusik Music-and-Movement Classes
Established for over 35 years, Kindermusik International is the world's leading provider of music-and-movement programmes for children, newborn to 7 years. Kindermusik classes are enjoyed by 2 million families in 70 countries.
Classes promote all aspects of child development, providing high-quality teaching and home materials, including CDs and books.
Our curriculum is based on the principals of Kodaly, Suzuki and Orff.
Our mission? It's simple
Music is the best vehicle for early childhood learning. We want to empower our Educators, parents and teachers to instill a lifelong love of music and learning in their children.
In a Kindermusik class, educators lead a group of parents and their children through joyful activities, using music and movement. Parents learn more about their child's unique developmental process, and the shared learning experience creates a unique bond as the child associates learning with fun, musical play.
Kindermusik's philosophy is founded upon rigorous research and our fundamental beliefs are:
- Every parent is the child's most important teacher.
- Every child is musical.
- The home is the most important learning environment.
- Music nurtures a child's cognitive, emotional, social, language, and physical development.
- Every child should experience the joy, fun, and learning which music brings to life.
Each Kindermusik class is a world of discovery and adventure. In every class, you'll witness your child's developmental evolution in language skills, literacy, listening, problem-solving, social skills, self-esteem, and musicality.
And it happens within a nurturing environment - full of energy, imagination, music, dancing, and playful delight.
By adding new concepts and challenges along the way, each age-appropriate programme acts as a stepping stone to the next - paving the way to a musical journey that can last seven magnificent, musical years.
Kindermusik comes home too!
Kindermusik provides the time and tools to help bring the power of music into your home and your child's life forever.
An integral part of every Kindermusik programme, your Kindermusik digital 'At Home Materials' include the highest-quality music to download, creative activities, games ideas, video clips, beautifully illustrated children's books and a wealth of information for parents, all created to complement the music and Kindermusik classroom experience.
Physical CDs, books & instruments are available on request.
Free taster-sessions for individuals
or small groups available.
Every Kindermusik five-class theme comes with Kindermusik@Home digital materials so that you can continue the musical fun (and learning) at home. 80% of the content is parent-focused and the other 20% gives you, the parent, the choice of using screen-time with your child, or not.
Each set of digital home materials contains all the class music, an abundance of unit-specific, age-appropriate materials and activities – all tied to the class content.
The digital home materials are built specifically to make it fun and easy for a parent to connect class-time to home-time, and to enrich both experiences.
Everything a parent needs to read the class story, play a game, do a fingerplay or dance, teach new words or instrument sounds, plan an activity, do a craft, follow a recipe, take a "field trip" (real or imagined), or enjoy pretend-play...
It's all in one spot!
Cath Smithson, a fully-qualified primary teacher and licensed Kindermusik Educator, runs classes at various venues in and around York.
Join at any time - if space allows!
New themes begin Mon 27th February 2017 - Pre-booking is essential as numbers are limited.
For more information, contact Cath using the online form or call 01904 636760 or 07982 607674.
Kindermusik International is the world's leading publisher of music-and-movement curricula for babies, toddlers and young children.
Taught in more than 70 countries by over 5,300 educators, Kindermusik programmes provide the foundation for all musical learning and fun for your child - and your whole family.
Enrol today for an unforgettable experience.
Kindermusik classes with Cath in York for 2019
Mon 3rd June - 8th July
Monday gps finish 15th July
Please be sure to contact Cath and reserve your place today.
Keep up-to-date with our latest news on Facebook
Stay up-to-date with the latest news, classes and venues at Kindermusik With Cath on Facebook.
Find a music-and-movement class for your baby, toddler or pre-schooler in York today
FOUNDATIONS: Cuddle and bounce with your baby in Kindermusik's newest curriculum.
LEVEL 1: Get ready to sing, play, and move with your little one in this high-energy music class.
LEVEL 2: This music-filled class celebrates the unique joys of your growing child.
LEVEL 3: Combine your pre-schooler's natural love for music, story-telling and imaginative play.
LEVEL 5: Introduce your young child to a first experience with musical symbols and instrument discovery.